PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] citrix alternate

salim.madni
May 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
hello gurus

good day to you

we are very much frustrated and upset using long time citrix with windows server and ts. every small service pack and patch it update and finaly iis webserver or tiny complenent get crashed so quickly

now recently we come to know citrix has launch linux edition also.

can some one advise suggest any stable,reliable,durable software for linux just as ALTERNATE OF CITRIX.

the purpose people connect our oracle application and database using citrix.

but this purpose cant be achived using vnc and rdc, since vnc or rdc can give single user connection. again this will be similar to windows nature multi tasking, but multi users cant work based on gui.

can some one suggest comments and advised accordingly

we will highly appreciated your quick review and response.

how we can replace citrix in linux world? is linux ubuntu also use terminal server licensing?

kind regards
salim

bcdudley
May 11th, 2009, 09:58 PM
We are currently in the process of migrating from Citrix to 2X Application server. They have a free version you can check out and their prices for the full product are much more reasonable than Citrix. The server and client seem to be much lighter weight and they support Linux along with most other os's.

Regards,

salim.madni
May 12th, 2009, 04:55 AM
any other software or alternate to citrix can you suggest more on this please?

bcdudley
May 12th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I know of some others. What did you not like about 2X? I researched for about a month and that was the best one I found. Please tell me more about what specifically you are looking for.