PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

galgoz
January 11th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Hello all, I am currently installing my first Ubuntu distro on an IBM ThinkPad. Just wanted to introduce myself as I am sure I will soon be back with some urgent support requests. :p I am a small business owner and a self proclaim computer wiz. But I have never given much time to Linux and want to get free of windows before Vista is released. I don't plan on upgrading and MS is not in the habit of supporting their previous versions any longer. Sooo... I am looking for a new home and based on what I read on eWeek.com I am trying out this little baby. If all goes well on my laptop I will be installing it on my desktop. See you all around.

invalid
January 11th, 2006, 05:27 AM
We welcome your questions and thoughts,
Cheers

otake-tux
January 11th, 2006, 05:34 AM
yep, welcome.

maruchan
January 11th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Wow, eWeek, eh? I didn't know they ran Linux articles. Welcome to the community! I am a small business owner myself and I find that Ubuntu is a good fit if you like the feel of freedom. :)

galgoz
January 11th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Yep, eWeek.com has a whole section of their website devoted to Linux and Open Source. I subscribe to the RSS and find their articles very informative and accurate. Check it out.

http://www.eweek.com/category2/0,1738,1237915,00.asp