View Full Version : Anyone taking Cisco courses, or have their CCNA

qjmoss
May 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
let me know..

I'm looking for more people that in the same position as me

:P

Icehuck
May 11th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I did the Cisco courses and have my CCNA.

qjmoss
May 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Are you currently employed?

MysticGold04
May 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking about taking the CCNA courses.

qjmoss
May 11th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well I just enrolled in in Baker College of Muskegon, Michigan. and I am taking my CCNA courses in the fall

I'm excited, but i'm also looking for some people to talk to about it..

darkdawn
May 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
i am currently learning CCNA, i finished the first part out of four.

Icehuck
May 11th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Are you currently employed?

I am not currently employed at the moment. The company I worked for let go more then half the people they employed. I've done Cisco for a while now and I'm looking to branch out my skills. So before I go applying to other places I'm looking to get some Linux Certs.

Cisco jobs are not hard to come by and depending where you are in the world pay top dollar.

qjmoss
May 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I am not currently employed at the moment. The company I worked for let go more then half the people they employed. I've done Cisco for a while now and I'm looking to branch out my skills. So before I go applying to other places I'm looking to get some Linux Certs.

Cisco jobs are not hard to come by and depending where you are in the world pay top dollar.

Well thats sad, but I'm very happy to hear they are easy to come by, I am going to have to relocate but I'm sure i can find a good paying job in the states.

qjmoss
May 11th, 2009, 06:02 PM
i am currently learning CCNA, i finished the first part out of four.

Did you enjoy the classes, i'm starting them in about three months, and i'm trying to learn everything i can right now so i can be ahead of the game..

darkdawn
May 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Well yes i really enjoyed them, at first it seemed hard cause there was so much information and new words(it was for me :)), but after advancing in the course you'll see things take shape.

You are doing the right thing by learning from now and preparing yourself for the course. i wish you the best:)

i am also looking for some Linux certifications here in my country! It seems a good combination plus i like Linux.

pat23_2007
May 11th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I am taking a CCNA course thru my college.

wipeout140
May 11th, 2009, 09:53 PM
i am currently learning CCNA as well, am about to finished the first part, Just completed chapter 10 test today

as part of my business computing degree

qjmoss
May 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Seems this is a popular course

qjmoss
May 12th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Well yes i really enjoyed them, at first it seemed hard cause there was so much information and new words(it was for me :)), but after advancing in the course you'll see things take shape.

You are doing the right thing by learning from now and preparing yourself for the course. i wish you the best:)

i am also looking for some Linux certifications here in my country! It seems a good combination plus i like Linux.

What would you suggest i learn to make my studies easier?

golusweet
May 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I am doing CCNA Exploration. I passed three semesters, and will be preparing fourth pretty soon.:P

I-75
May 12th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Is it required that one goes to school or college to pass the CCNA tests? Could a person learn on their own and pass the tests like one can with the Comptia exams?

juancarlospaco
May 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM
-CCNA
-Linux College

but i like Vyatta too... ;p

qjmoss
May 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Is it required that one goes to school or college to pass the CCNA tests? Could a person learn on their own and pass the tests like one can with the Comptia exams?

As far as I know, you can go and take your test and get certified.

But I hear that it's close to impossible.

qjmoss
May 13th, 2009, 03:29 PM
"