PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Compiz

TheBluntNinja
May 11th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Compiz seems to be working fine-- my emerald themes are taking over, my desktop wall works nicely. Unfortunately, there are some major problems I'm running into. One is that I can't seem to have more than 2 workspaces. For someone who has gotten used to using a lot- almost one per task- it feels very limiting (almost like... WINDOWS, *gasp*). I also can't seem to adjust my advanced desktop settings. I can "turn them on," and by that, I mean I can check the little box next to the feature and hit apply. It doesn't seem to actually DO anything, though. Everything works fine in Gnome, but for some reason, KDE seems to be limiting my compiz. Does anyone know why?

zeealpal
May 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Are you sure its using compiz? install Compiz Fusion Icon and the right click on it. KWin (KDE window manager) might be in use so right click on the fusion icon and select compiz. It should the reload with compiz.

TheBluntNinja
May 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Well, I've been using compiz in gnome, so I don't see why it would suddenly uninstall just because I've installed KDE. When I go back to gnome, compiz works just fine.

Chronon
May 12th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Kwin doesn't uninstall Compiz, but it may have taken over as the default window manager. Use the Compiz Fusion Icon to select which window manager you want to use.