PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Choppy Scrolling with multiple sessions

jxk7581
May 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I have searched to no end to find a solution to this problem. I am running Jaunty on my Dell Inspiron 530. I have multiple users setup on my PC. When I log in to the first account (regardless of which one), everything works fine. However, when I log into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th account... scrolling through a web page using the mouse wheel is VERY choppy. In fact, if I scroll very far with the wheel, the page may take 5-10 seconds to catch up. If I log back in to the first account I signed in with, scrolling is smooth. It seems only to be a problem with all subsequent sessions I log in with.

morozj
January 23rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Was there ever a solution to this problem? I have an HP Pavillion desktop and I am suffering from exactly the same problem since I upgraded to 9.10 (previously on 8.04LTS). Can anyone help, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't upgraded and left well alone!

Barriehie
February 1st, 2010, 05:32 AM
How are you getting to generate the subsequent logins???

TIA,
Barrie

morozj
February 1st, 2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the response. My problem is that I have 4 users set up. The first to log in after power up (regardless of which one it is) gets normal smooth scrolling. Any subsequent user logging in gets choppy scrolling. Logging out a user makes no difference, a restart is required to allow another user to log in and get smooth scrolling. This applies to all applications I have tried so it is nothing to do with Firefox.

Seems like it could be to do with the graphics driver, I am just using the default driver that installed when I upgraded to 9.10. A proprietary driver is offered but when I install this I can't get the correct screen resolution.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.