PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Cosmetic stuff

rivera151
May 10th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hey people. I hope you are enjoying jaunty as much as I am.

I have a problem with my KDE settings. Some of you already might know that there is a problem matching GTK app colors and fonts, due to an improperly updated .kde4/share/config/kdeglobals file. Well, colors turn up OK, but I have a problem with my widgets, especially firefox widgets. It seems that the toolbars and the status bar have 3D attributes (border shadows that make it look raised/embossed). It makes the toolbars look raised and the status bar depresed, and it looks really ugly. Also, the menus lose the border curves. It makes the whole experience feel hackish due to the inconsistent interface.

Some might suggest to switch to QtCurve, and although it does fix most of everything, I must say that I did have this working before with Qt4, and all applications looked seamlessly integrated to KDE4. The upgrade to Jaunty kinda messed up the Qt4 rendering of GTK widgets. Does anybody have a clue?

Also, I have my default WM set to Compiz, and I can't change it back to kwin for the life of me. Help with this too, please. Thanks, Ubuntu community.

Chronon
May 12th, 2009, 05:58 AM
I use the Compiz Fusion Icon to select between Compiz and Kwin. I can't help with the other part, sorry.

rivera151
June 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
I use the Compiz Fusion Icon to select between Compiz and Kwin. I can't help with the other part, sorry.

That's ok. I got everything now.

KDE's default window manager can be set at System Settings --> Default Applications

As for the ugly firefox widgets, today's update fixed it. Yaaay.