PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cair-dock not working in jaunty

Atheil
May 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Since there seems to be issues with AWN working in jaunty, I thought I'd give the cairo dock a try, hearing good things about it, as it were. I installed it using synaptic. When I run it, the window asking me to select my theme pops up. I select the "Ubuntu" theme, and check off to use the same behaviors as the theme. Then I click okay. This is where the program stops working. The window flickers a bit, looks like it goes away, but then comes right back again, and where I selected the theme is blank, and the options I had checked off are no longer selected. This happens no matter what I do. No matter what theme I pick. And, if I click on the quit option, the exact same thing happens. The only way I can close the window is to end the cairo-dock process.

I'm not sure if I have all the packages or libraries necessary for the program, but Synaptic seemed to think (after what is essentially a fresh install) that I had most everything, it only installed cairo-dock and cairo-dock-data. I'm running compiz, though I don't think that would be the issue.

Any help or advice you could give would be appreciated.

Atheil
June 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
bump

fabounet
June 30th, 2009, 03:22 PM
don't use the version of Ubuntu, it's very outdated, and the package is buggy.
deinstall everything, then follow the easy path to install it correctly
http://www.cairo-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=By%20distributions&lang=en