PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Sound Applet

flyboy917
May 10th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Juanty. Ok...from the forums and my own problems with sound in Jaunty I have lost the Volume control from the main tool bar. I have fixed most of my sound problems, but I can't seem to figure a way to put the volume control icon back on the screen. It still works from System/Preferences/Sound, but how do I get the icon back on my desktop?

tommcd
May 10th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Have you tried this:
Right-click on the panel and select "add to panel" Then scroll down the dialog box that comes up and choose "volume control". This should get it back.

How did you end up losing it anyway?

flyboy917
May 10th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Have you tried this:
Right-click on the panel and select "add to panel" Then scroll down the dialog box that comes up and choose "volume control". This should get it back.

How did you end up losing it anyway?

Yup tried it. The sound applet in "add to panel" is no where as complete or configurable as the gnome system icon.
I lost it jacking with mp3 sound issues associated with Amarok 2 that was shoved down our throats with Juanty. Amarok 2 should still be in beta format and I can't believe it was released in 9.04 as the only option. (yes I know there's work arounds)

Anyhow, I just rebooted to try and fix the sound problems in Pysol...thought I had the soulution only to find now I have no sound at all in anything. Thought I had all my sound problems fixed....now back to square one.

I left 8.04 LTS for this ....(which was perfect) because in needed to new network manager for Mobile broadband. New Network Manager is fantastic, pulse audo crap and new Amarok aren't.