PDA

View Full Version : Where have my ubuntu cups gone?

christhemonkey
January 10th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I now seem to have coffee beans instead....:eek: !

gravediggers
January 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah - I noticed!:mad:
I want the cups back!
Must be Staff that are behind this plot. Now that they have their fancy new Power Puff Girls avatars, the power has gone to their heads - LOL!!

briancurtin
January 11th, 2006, 07:59 AM
i have cups, but i did see someone with some different looking cups earlier and they were the only one in the thread with different ones

Iandefor
January 11th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Grr... let's have a revolution, get our coffee cups back!

psychicdragon
January 11th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I noticed that I had beans instead of cups when I posted earlier... it looks like you don't earn the cups until you have a higher post count now.

It's a neat idea, but the different icons look pretty inconsistent.

gravediggers
January 11th, 2006, 11:07 AM
No - I don't see how you work that out. briancurtin has less than you and he has cups, but I swear he had beans earlier. :???:

DiscoKiller
January 11th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Could be some sort of invasion by bean obsessed aliens on a mission to destroy all cups. Or they just changed the pics from beans to cups. We can only speculate at this point

psychicdragon
January 11th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I have no idea what's going on then. I'm really drunk right now. All I know is that I didn't have beans last week. :KS

gravediggers
January 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Drink more and the cups might come back??

christhemonkey
January 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Maybe, the staff are trying to take all the cups and use them for some nefarious scheme.....

Lord Illidan
January 11th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I only have two.......
Let's lunch Operation CUPS to locate and retrieve the cups and destroy the BEANS!

hillbilly
January 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Wheres that coffe bean grinder of mine !! That should scare them beans :D !

christhemonkey
January 11th, 2006, 04:58 PM
haha! i dont drink coffee, more of a tea man!

Iowan
January 11th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Maybe it co$t$ to get a cup??

drfalkor
January 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
cup please :)

WildTangent
January 11th, 2006, 10:17 PM
My title seems to be different than others with around the same amount of posts as me...odd.

-Wild

Dr. Nick
January 11th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I think it is still in transition, Just got a message saying forums are down to change user titles

ubuntu-geek
January 11th, 2006, 11:05 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=648590

gosh
January 11th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Strange...:confused:
some have cups
others have beans (have beens?;) )

Anyway, I like the beans

Edit: there are even coffee machines and cappucino's!!

Bandit
January 11th, 2006, 11:15 PM
hmm???

curuxz
January 11th, 2006, 11:50 PM
bastards!!!! lol i want my cups back :( I hate the fact that community posts dont count, i want coffee cups for posting random stuff not for helping people GRRRR and who the hell gets coffee grinders thats just taking the....

zenwhen
January 11th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I have cups.

Lord Illidan
January 11th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Careful, or the mods will bean you out of this forum!

byen
January 12th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I have cups.
*burns* well.. its project "grind the beans and earn my cups" for me now.. ;)

matthew
January 12th, 2006, 04:15 AM
bastards!!!! lol i want my cups back :( I hate the fact that community posts dont count, i want coffee cups for posting random stuff not for helping people GRRRR and who the hell gets coffee grinders thats just taking the....Dude, chill out. It's all in fun anyway, no need to get angry over something so trivial.

P.S. I have 5 cups. :)

WildTangent
January 12th, 2006, 04:19 AM
*burns* well.. its project "grind the beans and earn my cups" for me now.. ;)
/me agrees with this plan. :D

-Wild

sapo
January 12th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Now i have to get rid of this last coffee bean... :)

huh?
January 12th, 2006, 05:23 PM
..so far, I've seen beans and 2 different type of cups...go figure...

diggs
January 12th, 2006, 07:51 PM
O Rly?

kassetra
January 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
..so far, I've seen beans and 2 different type of cups...go figure...
well, I created two different beans (raw & roasted), espresso cups, cappuccino w/foam cups, to-go cups, coffee presses, and some extra special ones.

kassetra
January 12th, 2006, 09:42 PM
bastards!!!! lol i want my cups back :( I hate the fact that community posts dont count, i want coffee cups for posting random stuff not for helping people GRRRR and who the hell gets coffee grinders thats just taking the....

woah. cool down man.

this *is* a technical forum - not a random one... so we only count when you post in the technical support areas and help people... which is kinda what this particular forum is about... you know... helping people.

Also, I created different images for fun, just liked I created the first set.... I just added more whimsy this time around...

christhemonkey
January 12th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Am kinda liking the new stylee look, very homely and nice :)

gravediggers
January 13th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I really don't like the beans though, but I guess I'm stuck with them! Guess I'll have to earn some cups - a nice steaming mug!

What is the difference between the normal coffee cups and the takeaway variety?

kassetra
January 13th, 2006, 02:20 AM
I really don't like the beans though, but I guess I'm stuck with them! Guess I'll have to earn some cups - a nice steaming mug!

What is the difference between the normal coffee cups and the takeaway variety?

well... let's see here... raw beans, roasted beans, and espresso cups for users; cappuccino cups for teams; takeaway or to-go cups for staff; coffee pots for admins; some special icons for beanie of the month; a fun bean/cup mix for developers.... and some other little bits of whimsy.

I think the amount of coffee/caffeine one takes in goes up considerable with one's required duties/workload/responsibilities. ;)

hello my fifth shot of espresso today... ;)

byen
January 13th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Here is an idea... How about replacing coffee beans with beer mugs for all those who post frequently in the community forum? I am not sure about others but it would most certainly compliment my avatar.

EDIT: Comment format changed. Well I tried!

gravediggers
January 13th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Thanks Kass for the explanation. I feel happier now!:D

How about replacing beans with beer mugs to users who post a lot on the community forums?

I'm with that!

kassetra
January 13th, 2006, 04:28 AM
an idea. How about replacing beans with beer mugs to users who post a lot on the community forums? :-) If not for anything else...it sure is gonna fit my avatar...LOL

HA!

that *would* explain some of the grammar and spelling .... ;)

j/k.

byen
January 13th, 2006, 05:00 AM
HA!
that *would* explain some of the grammar and spelling .... ;)
j/k.
Ouch! that hurt! But I agree... my english teacher would have broken some major international child-abuse laws if she knew I would grow up to write like this :-(

christhemonkey
January 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM
well, I created two different beans (raw & roasted), espresso cups, cappuccino w/foam cups, to-go cups, coffee presses, and some extra special ones.
It seems most of these can be seen in this thread!

tseliot
January 15th, 2006, 05:24 PM
well... let's see here... raw beans, roasted beans, and espresso cups for users; cappuccino cups for teams; takeaway or to-go cups for staff; coffee pots for admins; some special icons for beanie of the month; a fun bean/cup mix for developers.... and some other little bits of whimsy.

I think the amount of coffee/caffeine one takes in goes up considerable with one's required duties/workload/responsibilities. ;)

hello my fifth shot of espresso today... ;)
I really love my cappuccino cups (as well as the look of the forum in general).

They really make me feel at home :)

(and Cappuccino is Italian)