PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shared Printer stops working after first printjob

umaxtu
May 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
My networked printer that I just got working only printed the first printjob after that it stopped working. And in the printer status dialog it said:

Idle - Tree connect failed (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)Deleting and re-adding the printer fixed the problem but after the first print job it happened again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Disabling the Printer and re-enabling it seems to have the same effect as deleting and re-adding.

umaxtu
May 10th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I really need help! Can someone please put their two cents in?

stimpyaw
March 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'm having the same problem with my Samsung SCX-4x16 printer and wired and wireless network setup. Does anyone have any ideas?

ttocScott
May 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I just added Ubuntu Server 10.04 to my Windows Domain and now my network printer (an HP 8100N) only works intermittently. If we turn the printer off and on again, it works for a bit.
The interesting thing is, I know this is related to the Ubuntu Server doing something with the network, because the problem occurred when I was installing Ubuntu and during the install it did the network discovery. Now the server is still connected to the network, and I'm still having the problem.
Any ideas? Solutions?
Thanks.