PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] will I ever be able to run compiz fusion?

alesk8400
May 9th, 2009, 06:05 AM
thanks for the help, im a recent user of ubuntu jaunty, but was a ubuntu hardy user for quite some time, and my compiz fusion worked perfectly, but now on jaunty it doesnt work at all, I know about the blacklisting, but I want to know if some day I will be able to use compiz again, I've tried to make my compiz work by doing the skip_check on the compiz and compiz manager files, also I tried adding # on the blacklist part of the compiz file, but none of these worked they just "killed" my computer because whenever I tried to log in, my computer just froze so it ended up with me perfoming several installations of the jaunty distro, I hope someone could help, because I really dont know what 2 do....

thanks..

Alcareru
May 9th, 2009, 06:20 AM
thanks for the help, im a recent user of ubuntu jaunty, but was a ubuntu hardy user for quite some time, and my compiz fusion worked perfectly, but now on jaunty it doesnt work at all, I know about the blacklisting, but I want to know if some day I will be able to use compiz again, I've tried to make my compiz work by doing the skip_check on the compiz and compiz manager files, also I tried adding # on the blacklist part of the compiz file, but none of these worked they just "killed" my computer because whenever I tried to log in, my computer just froze so it ended up with me perfoming several installations of the jaunty distro, I hope someone could help, because I really dont know what 2 do....

thanks..

I don't know.

P.S. If you want to get some real answers you might want to work on you post a bit. You tell hardly anything of your situation.

alesk8400
May 9th, 2009, 07:40 PM
what else would u like 2 know? i installed compiz fusion but I didn't work so I looked on the internet for solutions but nothing worked, but yes I forgot to post my computer info which is here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=bph07577&dlc=en&lc=en thanks...