PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 Upgrade Nightmare

arch3angel
May 8th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Hey Everyone,

I upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04, now I am running a an HP Mini-Note 2133. When I was running 8.10 everything ran flawless and smooth, the upgrade went smooth with no issues. Once the upgrade was completed and it restarted the problems began.

Any application I open up the application window is locked in position and I can not move the window, and the upper right corner where the min. max, and exit is normally seen is no longer seen.

If I open more than a single application I can not do anything with the additional applications, it only allows me to type or use the initial application.

It runs EXTREMELY slow!

Anyone have any clues how it would go from 8.10 working fine to 9.04 working like crap?

Thanks!

cebif
May 8th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hey Everyone,

I upgraded from 8.10 to 9.04, now I am running a an HP Mini-Note 2133. When I was running 8.10 everything ran flawless and smooth, the upgrade went smooth with no issues. Once the upgrade was completed and it restarted the problems began.

Any application I open up the application window is locked in position and I can not move the window, and the upper right corner where the min. max, and exit is normally seen is no longer seen.

If I open more than a single application I can not do anything with the additional applications, it only allows me to type or use the initial application.

It runs EXTREMELY slow!

Anyone have any clues how it would go from 8.10 working fine to 9.04 working like crap?

Thanks!

I am no expert myself but for moving the windows have you tried alt+click and drag. This is the default key and mouse method for moving windows.

arch3angel
May 8th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hey thanks for the reply, and yes I have tried this as well, just forgot to add it in the description of the issue. :(