PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] network connections disapeared

Zom-b
May 8th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I accidentally delete my network connections from my panel and now I am lost on how to. Get it back, it doesn't connect to my wireless automatically anymore, any odeas?

superprash2003
May 9th, 2009, 05:54 AM
you mean ,eth0 , eth1 etc??

mlissner
May 9th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I'm guessing they mean the nm-applet. I'm not sure how you might have deleted it, but try running nm-applet and see if it comes back.

If that works, try rebooting. If it isn't automatically showing up when you reboot, add it to sessions (Administration > Sessions).

jean noel
May 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
If you deleted the icon, you can reinstall the icon back. Right click on the panel; you will find a context menu; add to panel=> network monitor.
Quite easy this time:)

Zom-b
May 12th, 2009, 03:36 AM
neither of those things are exactly what it was before, but I have gotten connected back to the internet so I dont' care lol

mwillams73
May 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Well that works but it doesnt put the original one back, the one that i accidentally deleted looked like four horizontal bars that turned blue as signal strength goes up, so how do i get that one back cause the one that gets added looks like two monitors with one horizontal bar next to them and it wont let me configure it.

Iowan
May 27th, 2009, 12:29 AM
That might be the difference between wired and wireless networking. At least on my laptop, the 4 bars are for wireless connection, the two monitors are for wired.

BUT... I'm on Ubuntu machine...