PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wallpaperclock screenlet high ram-use issue?

bedhead75
May 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Has anyone noticed a high ram-use issue in the WallpaperClock screenlet? I'm running Jaunty 64-bit and I've installed the screenlets package in the repositories. I notice that when the WallpaperClock screenlet is running, the ram usage of gnome-panel periodically increases around 10megs with every minute change in the clock. Eventually everything started slowing down and I noticed that gnome-panel was using 1.8G (yes you heard that right -- gigs) of ram! Logging out and logging back in resets everything. This happens regardless of the actual wallpaper that's running, and this only happens when I'm using this specific screenlet.
Is this an issue with only Jaunty of has anyone noticed this happening with Intrepid or Hardy? Does anyone know of a fix other than simply not using the screenlet or restarting X when ram usage gets too high? I think this problem is serious and makes the useablity of the screenlet very low.

tuxsheadache
May 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I think I may have the same problem, I have had 2 system haults where I have had to turn pc off at socket to sort it out since I have installed the wallpaper clock. I have checked gnome panel and it was running at 1.9GB, and considering I have 2.0GB, that's quite an epic problem