PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant get a working ATI Radeon X1600 Driver!

GodsDead
May 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Hey, cant get a proper driver for my ATI Radeon X1600
There are no proprietary drivers, i went to the ATI website and downloaded "ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run"
and ran that, but it gave me this output:

==================================================
ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager

Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version
default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.28-11-generic; make sure that the version is being
correctly set by --iscurrentdistro

So, do i need to fix this? or is there another way to get some proper drivers?

:)

Longinus00
May 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hey, cant get a proper driver for my ATI Radeon X1600
There are no proprietary drivers, i went to the ATI website and downloaded "ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run"
and ran that, but it gave me this output:

ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager

Error: ./default_policy.sh does not support version
default:v2:i686:lib::none:2.6.28-11-generic; make sure that the version is being
correctly set by --iscurrentdistro

So, do i need to fix this? or is there another way to get some proper drivers?

If you're running Jaunty then there are no proprietary drivers for your card (R520 family). The open source ones are now the "proper" drivers.

GodsDead
May 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Oh right, so how do i fix this error im getting then?

Enrique Rocha
May 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hi. i have a ATI Radeon X1550, i have troubles installing the drivers from ati.com

I have running ubuntu 9.04 64 bit

Searching in varios blogs i encounter that our cards have a code name called R520 maybe if we search more about that we can find the solution

osirisgothra
March 10th, 2013, 04:25 AM
just so everyone knows, its not like it used to be back in the day. You used to be able to buy a graphics card and use it nicely for 6 years, now days you are lucky to get 6 months of good support, even worse-- i hear ati/amd does not offer any extended specs for their cards and their drivers are closed source only, probably because people like M$ are feeding them paper on the side to do this so they can corner and dominate the market... as usual (absolute power corrupts, absolutely)

3rdalbum
March 10th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Please don't bump old threads. Buy an Nvidia card instead as their drivers are better and supported longer.

QIII
March 15th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Ding dong the thead is dead.