PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] rEFIt Ubuntu disk isn't being read.

thepedrochannel
May 8th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Hey I'm trying to Dual-Boot Mac OS X and Ubuntu 9.04 and here's what I've done so far;

1. Burn the Ubuntu 9.04 .ISO to a blank CD-R

2. Partitioned my hard drive with Boot Camp assistant leaving 32G to Ubuntu.

3. Download and Install rEFIt.

4. Insert the CD-R with Ubuntu on it.

5. Restart my computer, the rEFIt boot loader shows up with the option to boot up into MAC OS X and nothing else...

The CD-R is in the computer and the rEFIt boot loader isn't giving me the option to boot of my CD! What should I do?

Additional Information;
I have a 15" Macbook Pro (the newer model) running 10.5.6 Leopard.

Thank you so much in advance~

Pedro.

thepedrochannel
May 8th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Anyone know the answer to my problem? :(

HyRax
May 8th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Unfortunately not a lot of us are Mac users. The bulk of us, myself included, are Windows & Linux users.

Find some instruction via Google about how to install Windows via Boot Camp, but instead of inserting a Windows disc, insert the Ubuntu disc.

thepedrochannel
May 8th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Unfortunately not a lot of us are Mac users. The bulk of us, myself included, are Windows & Linux users.

Find some instruction via Google about how to install Windows via Boot Camp, but instead of inserting a Windows disc, insert the Ubuntu disc.

Thanks for the effort but it doesn't work like that. Boot Camp can tell wether it's a Windows disk or not.

I know I've followed every step correctly so far (that I know of) but I can't seem to find this 1 answer on the whole entire freakin' internet! :confused:

HyRax
May 8th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Maybe try some Apple forums? I'm sure that there are Mac users out there who want to run more than just Mac or Windows.

thepedrochannel
May 8th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Maybe try some Apple forums? I'm sure that there are Mac users out there who want to run more than just Mac or Windows.

This is gonna sound kind of stupid but... I can't figure out how to post a topic in the APPLE forum, I've posted there before but I can't find the damn link to the Post New Topic link... idk what's going on -,- .

scottyo
June 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Anyone know the answer to my problem? :(

Don't know if you've solved your problem or not, but if not read on. Try holding down the C key when you power on the Mac. (That works on an iMac to force booting from the CD.) Also, did you run the /efi/refit/enable.sh script? That all the suggestions I have.