PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I want to install ms office 2007 in ubuntu 9.04

discipulo44
May 8th, 2009, 02:04 AM
](*,) Hello, I want to install Ms Office 2007 in ubuntu 9.04 because I dont like open office theres any one around here that can help please?!?! Is there a open source program beside crossover (I know crossover you must pay to use it) to install it? Or theres a way to install it??? And I know you all like open office but I dont... Any help would be appreciated... :guitar: THANXSSSS!!!

HyRax
May 8th, 2009, 02:22 AM
You don't actually say WHY you'd prefer to use the heap of crap that MS Office 2007 is instead of OpenOffice.org, but if you are really so inclined to hinder yourself like that, then install Wine and see how you go with running MS Office that way. You can also check the WineHQ site for other people's experience about getting Office 2007 up and running.

superjacent
May 8th, 2009, 02:43 AM
](*,) Hello, I want to install Ms Office 2007 in ubuntu 9.04 because I dont like open office theres any one around here that can help please?!?! Is there a open source program beside crossover (I know crossover you must pay to use it) to install it? Or theres a way to install it??? And I know you all like open office but I dont... Any help would be appreciated... :guitar: THANXSSSS!!!

Firstly, your post must be very important because for some reason you've purposely increased the font size. That indicates to me the age and maturity of the poster.

It seems that the cost of Crossover is a point that irks you somewhat and yet this is contrary to your use of Microsoft Office 2007. Microsoft Office is NOT free and therefore you made a conscious decision to purchase it when free alternatives are available.

I'm done with my observations and now to your issue at hand. Why don't you dual boot or use VMWare or Virtual Box

obocho
May 8th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I personally do not like openoffice either. "Not like" does not mean it is bad... Somehow [many reasons that I do not want to bother] I prefer M$ Office. Thus, ...44 I can understand your problem.

As far as I know, you do not need to pay for crossover 7!!! Although I might be wrong, crossover distributed version 7.?? version as a social promotion [free].

If you want I can try to find the news release of that event.

Anyway, if you get that version online [from torrent] it should not be any violation.

And, yes; office2007 works with that version. [if I am not wrong, even onenote]

Have fun!

UPDATE: apparently, this [free] event was only one day: Thu, 10/30/2008...

colau
May 8th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Did you install wine?

.Michael
May 19th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Anyway, if you get that version online [from torrent] it should not be any violation.

Sharing is caring!

You don't actually say WHY you'd prefer to use the heap of crap that MS Office 2007 is instead of OpenOffice.org, but if you are really so inclined to hinder yourself like that, then install Wine and see how you go with running MS Office that way.

It's actually great software and is very productive. Software freedom goes as far as using what YOU want. Canonical gives the user a choice. If a user REALLY wants to, they can run Internet Explorer, but that is a real heap of crap.

This might help:
http://samanathon.com/how-to-install-microsoft-office-2007-in-ubuntu-804/

1st result in Google search I did before when I was wondering.

zbeckerd
May 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7231643#post7231643

How to using wine