PDA

View Full Version : Jaunty is the worst distro ever

Fixman
May 7th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I am so pissed off at Jaunty, it had so many problems other Ubuntu versions didn't have. Other Ubuntu versions worked flawlessly, but I guess I will just move to Fedora because of these problems.

To make a list with a few ones:

1. The Network graph on the panel's system monitor is YELLOW. I mean, yellow? Thats really ugly
2. The Terminal doesn't let me close the Window in 1 click if I'm running something. Thats pretty ******* off.
3. The main background is ugly, its impossible to work with such an ugly background.
4. The new usplash screen. The Ubuntu logo is very little, and its extremely difficult to be FORCED to watch that ugly new bar each time I boot Ubuntu

These have only been 4 of the thousands of downgrades Jaunty had compared to Intrepid. I guess that Mark Shuttleworth was very busy making more money to go to space before thinking on releasing such a crappy distribution.

So, this is it guys. I'm moving to Fedora, because I know Mark won't try to **** it up as he did with Ubuntu (at least for now).

swoll1980
May 7th, 2009, 11:59 PM
It's about time!

wsonar
May 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
is this a joke?

I think the new splsh is more minamal == better
Complaining about the stock background it's gotta be a joke

2. The Terminal doesn't let me close the Window in 1 click if I'm running something. I believe that's a feature

Sealbhach
May 8th, 2009, 12:02 AM
k thx bye.

:)

lvleph
May 8th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Everyone of those things can be changed. I don't like RPM, so good luck with that. Why not move to Debian or Mint?

wsonar
May 8th, 2009, 12:06 AM
unless I'm not looking at the right place my system network graph is blue and purple

swoll1980
May 8th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Everyone of those things can be changed. I don't like RPM, so good luck with that. Why not move to Debian or Mint?

Why not just change the crap instead?

lvleph
May 8th, 2009, 12:08 AM
That is what I was implying with those can be changed.

gymophett
May 8th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Your moving distros because it doesn't look so fancy?
My network graph is not yellow though. Blue.
I like the splash, and log in screen, but not the main background.
Just change the splash, and log in screen, and background. That will take no time. How is this such a bad release because of splash, etc?
Just change it to your liking like most of us do!
I never go with default things. I love the way Ubuntu runs so I'm keeping it.
My screenshot is below. It is to my liking and took less than 5 minutes.

Sealbhach
May 8th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I think it's a joke.

swoll1980
May 8th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I think it's a joke.

I was thinking that too, but the poster seems to make no effort to point us in that direction.

OZFive
May 8th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I first started reading this as a serious thread and realized, that he is joking. Everything he "complains" about is stuff people do complain about, but I would be seriously shocked if he was serious.

ubuntu-freak
May 8th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Perhaps you should ask for a refund...

Fixman
May 8th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Perhaps you should ask for a refund...

I did and got no answer. DVDs are really expensive, and I wasted one on Jaunty.

pbpersson
May 8th, 2009, 12:19 AM
It has to be a joke

I mean....this one:

The main background is ugly, its impossible to work with such an ugly background.

That is like selling your house because when you turn out the lights it is too dark ;)

swoll1980
May 8th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I first started reading this as a serious thread and realized, that he is joking. Everything he "complains" about is stuff people do complain about, but I would be seriously shocked if he was serious.

Everything the people complain about, are the things people complain about. Did that make sense?

swoll1980
May 8th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I did and got no answer. DVDs are really expensive, and I wasted one on Jaunty.

Now I know it's a joke =D>

gymophett
May 8th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Everything the people complain about, are the things people complain about. Did that make sense?

That isn't what he said, he meant, everything the poster was complaints about, was making fun of the actual stupid complaints people make.

This guy is not serious, but mocking everyone. :)

I like this post. :)

This guy has been an Ubuntu member for a while, no way this would make him stop using it.

wersdaluv
May 8th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Waste of time

Rainstride
May 8th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I am so pissed off at Jaunty, it had so many problems other Ubuntu versions didn't have. Other Ubuntu versions worked flawlessly, but I guess I will just move to Fedora because of these problems.

These have only been 4 of the thousands of downgrades Jaunty had compared to Intrepid. I guess that Mark Shuttleworth was very busy making more money to go to space before thinking on releasing such a crappy distribution.

So, this is it guys. I'm moving to Fedora, because I know Mark won't try to **** it up as he did with Ubuntu (at least for now).

hmm... i do believe we have been trolled.....

Fixman
May 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Just to end this thread, this (http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx) is an actual link of bad things about Jaunty.

gymophett
May 8th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Just to end this thread, this (http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx) is an actual link of bad things about Jaunty.

lmaolmaolmaolmao.

pwnst*r
May 8th, 2009, 12:39 AM

lol, some pretty pathetic reasons.

pwnst*r
May 8th, 2009, 12:40 AM
hmm... i do believe we have been trolled.....

maybe. but he/she put more effort into it than me.

next.

days_of_ruin
May 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM
is this a joke?

I think the new splsh is more minamal == better
Complaining about the stock background it's gotta be a joke

2. The Terminal doesn't let me close the Window in 1 click if I'm running something. I believe that's a feature

I haven't installed jaunty yet (I will next week when my new hardware comes). Mind posting a screenshot of the warning when you try to close a terminal when its running something? That is definitely a feature.:guitar:

wsonar
May 8th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I haven't installed jaunty yet (I will next week when my new hardware comes). Mind posting a screenshot of the warning when you try to close a terminal when its running something? That is definitely a feature.:guitar:

screenshot closing terminal while something is running from it

RiceMonster
May 8th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Jaunty? Never heard of that distro. Sounds like Ubuntu's a much better distro.

Brunellus
May 8th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Take the flames to USENET. thread closed.