PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] No suspend on compaq laptop after update

DJYoshaBYD
May 7th, 2009, 04:38 PM
ok.. so im running Xubuntu 8.10 on a Compaq Presario M2105us laptop... When I first installed it, it suspended fine.. then i updated, and it broke the ability to suspend.. when I close the lid, it just goes to a black screen with a flashing cursor, with no way to exit without doing a hard shutdown..

is there anyway I can try and find out why this crash happens? Id love to have suspend back on this thing..

it also has an ATI m200 onboard video card, with shared memory.. i have the newest drivers available for the video card, as well... everything else runs perfectly but suspend..

how can/should I begin my investigation? :popcorn:

thanks

freonchill
May 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
were you on 8.04 and updated to 8.10 or on 8.10 and updated to 9.04? or was it just a synaptic general everyday update?

DJYoshaBYD
May 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM
It was 8.10, and it was just a regular update? is there an error log of sorts for X so I can see what the problem is? or something? lol

DJYoshaBYD
May 8th, 2009, 04:50 PM
sooooo.. yeah.. any ideas on how to figure this out? ive been searching, and find nothing pertaining to my issues.. at least not with my hardware...

again, is there a log or something that will tell me what happened?

DJYoshaBYD
May 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
bump.. agaaaaiiiinnn... no one at ALL has ANY idea where to look? i cant be the only person on here right now trying to help.. lol

DJYoshaBYD
May 24th, 2009, 06:07 AM
well, I updated a day or so ago, and now it suspends again... anyone have ANY idea.. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? This is a big issue for alot of people, and there has to be a way to troubleshoot it..

again.. ANYONE on this SUPPORT forum have ANY idea what causes this, or where I can check to see what is wrong? I have been researching for so long long and havent found any answers, that I didnt try it for hella long... I just accidentally put it into suspend, and it worked..

someone chime in, as this may help others to figure this suspend fiasco out...):P