PDA

View Full Version : Bad day, bad week (rant)

nocturn
January 10th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Sometimes you have these days you think you'd be better of in bed, this week seems to be turning in to a whole week like that...

I haven't nearly slept for two days because my son is sick.
Yesterday night, we were still up at 01:30 because my son had difficulty breathing and he was crying.

Suddenly, I heard a weird noise coming from my server, I went to check and the HD light was on but the disk was quiet. Turned on the monitor, but it remained blank, hit the power button without response.

I had to cut the power to get it turned off. So I hope that the HD is still working so my data is OK... In any case, the PSU or the motherboard are fried, which means it'll take time to get it running again...

encompass
January 10th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I feel for ya... I wait for the day when it happens to me...

nocturn
January 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM
The worst thing is that this makes me feel just how much I depend on that server...

Without it, I'm somewhat crippled.

gord
January 10th, 2006, 10:48 AM
i had a bad day the other week, you can pritty much tell its gonna be a bad day when you walk into your bedroom door in the morning...

Dragonfly_X
January 10th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I truly feel for you... I sometimes have weeks-on-end where it seeems the bad luck just won't stop. :confused:

prizrak
January 10th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Damn homes, I can sympathize with that. My computer addiction is also out of control (I HAD to check Ubuntu forums at a New Years party I was at, luckily the hostess was a CS major). I hope your son gets better and your server gets back up :)

majikstreet
January 10th, 2006, 10:45 PM
son > server....

hope your son is ok... same with the server too :P

have you brought your son to a doctor?