PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] open office removed after ubuntu partial upgrade with error

vivatsemiramis
May 7th, 2009, 07:37 AM
when i ran the upgrade manager, i was prompted that there was a distribution upgrade, but it was partial and not everything can be installed. i proceeded with the upgrade, but the open office was lost after it. i checked the software sources, it was indicated that this one: http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu was 'disabled on jaunty upgrade'. i tried to run upgrade manager again and this is what i got (please check the picture).

i tried to install open office from the add/remove section, but it only said that the application is in conflict with other softwares, and that i must check synaptic manager. i badly need to use open office as i use it for my work. what do i need to do? i tried to google it, but can't find any good answer. i don't want to tinker with synaptic.

please, i would appreciate some quick response to this. regards

vivatsemiramis
May 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM
sorry to trouble you. i just dealt with the synaptic manager, and everything worked fine. oo 3.1 was installed. that was it, and it was resolved. thanks this is solved

zouhair
May 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
It would be nice to say what did you do to resolve it.

vivatsemiramis
May 11th, 2009, 03:34 AM
It would be nice to say what did you do to resolve it.

hi! yeah, sorry was too busy during the last few days i forgot to share how i did it.

well, because it was not working in the add/remove section--according to it there were some dependencies and i must check the synaptic, i just went to synaptic and re-installed the applications in grey, as shown in the image that i uploaded. then everything worked fine again. i think it was due to the update of open office to 3.1, i'm not quite sure though.

regards