PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Sticker Love

joey-elijah
May 7th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Got my official Jaunty CD today and a set of four Ubuntu stickers (just like with Intrepid) and i really do love them!

I have one on the side of my desktop case and one on the back of my netbook (covering the ASUS logo).

Who else loves the free Ubuntu stickers and what do you do with yours?!

Mr. Picklesworth
May 7th, 2009, 03:07 AM
/me measures an ugly HP logo against an Ubuntu sticker...

Thanks for the thought.

They need to send one that's the same size as the giant Apple sticker, though. The Ubuntu logo looks way prettier, so could be pretty effective!

I have an Ubuntu sticker on my laptop, just about to stick one on my netbook (heh), and one on a USB flash drive attached to a keychain because I'm waiting for someone to notice it and because I have way too many USB flash drives, so use a sticker to remember which one has my bootable Ubuntu installer.

XubuRoxMySox
May 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
I took all the Windows stickers off my 'puters and put little "powered by Ubuntu" stickers in their place. I even have little tiny black and white Ubuntu logo stickers that cover up the little Windows logos on the Super keys of my keyboards!

LOL, I never had any use for that key anyway 'til I switched.

-Robin

eldragon
May 7th, 2009, 04:03 AM
have they changed the design of the stickers or are they the same crap?

after a couple of monthes:

the white turns grey
the orange turns brown
the black turns white
the glue dries and the sticker peels off

Mr. Picklesworth
May 7th, 2009, 05:21 AM
LOL, I never had any use for that key anyway 'til I switched.

Heh, nice point. Same story here. It's painful enough disabling the Windows key (involves horribly ugly looking registry hacks and the 'command line'), let alone configuring it to something else :P
In Ubuntu, it's a handy modifier for all my super 'system level' key bindings.

On this topic, does anyone know what became of that effort to have metal stickers made? (For a price, of course).

PurposeOfReason
May 7th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I keep all stickers off my cases, same for logos if I can help it. Although if I was ever sponsored for a build I would, without any shame, make pretty logos for it.

emeraldgirl08
May 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
What a coincidence!

I just got mine also :)

I also got the four stickers- now I got eight!

I'm really really excited and will do a Live CD before I go to sleep later.

:)

HappyFeet
May 7th, 2009, 06:40 AM
have they changed the design of the stickers or are they the same crap?

after a couple of monthes:

the white turns grey
the orange turns brown
the black turns white
the glue dries and the sticker peels off

I have noticed this too. I hope the quality gets better.

joey-elijah
May 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
/me measures an ugly HP logo against an Ubuntu sticker...

They need to send one that's the same size as the giant Apple sticker, though. The Ubuntu logo looks way prettier, so could be pretty effective!

Yes! totally! I would love a full sized ubuntu sticker a la Apple's, well, Apple!

I'd also love a laptop/netbook with the ubuntu logo backlit like Appl'es Apple.... *swoons*

nowin4me
May 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
*sigh* No Ubuntu CD for me yet :(. But then again mom and dad might of thrown it out into the trash thinking it was junk mail.

I just hope not.

geogur
May 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
buying a linux laptop with back lit keyboard would be so cool . can asus build a ubuntu logo back lit eeepc . i think this would become a popular gift .

Wiebelhaus
May 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Got mine a couple of days ago and much appreciated the complementary stickers!

kkkkdddd
May 14th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I have attached Ubuntu 8.04 sticker to my black Dell M1530 a year ago.
Now it is all yellow and does not look good.

How can I remove the white glue from my laptop :?:
Water is not enough.

Please, help. :frown:

sim-value
May 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I sticked it on my room door :D

eldragon
May 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I have attached Ubuntu 8.04 sticker to my black Dell M1530 a year ago.
Now it is all yellow and does not look good.

How can I remove the white glue from my laptop :?:
Water is not enough.

Please, help. :frown:

you could use one of the following:

coke
wd40
alcohol
rub it with your finger

and im not joking.

ive resorted to protecting the sticker with a transparent tape to keep it from wearing off...now it only loses its color.

joey-elijah
May 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I saw an awesome sticker in a photo of Ubuntu's new Design and User Experience leader Ivanka Majic. (It's near the bottom of her MacBook)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4854/34294503224f9c8530e5.jpg

Orlsend
May 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Got my official Jaunty CD today and a set of four Ubuntu stickers (just like with Intrepid) and i really do love them!

I have one on the side of my desktop case and one on the back of my netbook (covering the ASUS logo).

Who else loves the free Ubuntu stickers and what do you do with yours?!

You know Asus does not equal to windows (or made by Asus), I Wonder why you would cover the brand-name.

joey-elijah
May 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM
You know Asus does not equal to windows (or made by Asus), I Wonder why you would cover the brand-name.

Of course i know that!

I covered up my Asus logo because a) it's ugly and b) it's right in the center of the back display and an Ubuntu sticker looks the best there. Simple as.

I'd rather promote my OS than the hardware company, as well tbh.

Why are people so quick to label people 'Microsoft Haters' or just stupid?

kkkkdddd
May 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
you could use one of the following:

coke
wd40
alcohol
rub it with your finger

and im not joking.

ive resorted to protecting the sticker with a transparent tape to keep it from wearing off...now it only loses its color.

I had tried:

water
alcohol 25%
washing-up liquid
my fingers
my nails

but to no avail. The glue was like "burn in".

Then I tried deodorant and it worked. At first, I used Adidas Sensitive 3. It was OK, but I couldn't get rid of some the spots. Then I used Adidas Fragrance Urban Spice and it worked marvellously. I needed only a little and now it is perfect. Main ingredients: alcohol denature, butane, isobutane and propane.

Btw. Now my laptop smells very well.

lisati
May 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Both my laptops have the sticker: one has been on over a year and is a little bit discoloured but isn't too bad; and there's one on the side of my desktop (but that one wants to peel off).

Orlsend
May 15th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I saw an awesome sticker in a photo of Ubuntu's new Design and User Experience leader Ivanka Majic. (It's near the bottom of her MacBook)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4854/34294503224f9c8530e5.jpg

Both The Lady and The Mozilla sticker are highly attractive.