PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uBuntu Live USB is notworking ONLY on one computer

whitewolfmac
May 6th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I dont know what is going on with this but, my latop does not want to run the Live USB. My laptop does boot off USB, I run uBuntu on my USB hard drive, and I was able to get Fedora 11 beta to work fine. (The only reson I tryed Fedora 11 was that 10 did not work with my desktop.) When I try to run the live usb it look like its going to work, but it will set at the loading bar for about 5 min then I get his ( i am typing this from a pic so if i use ? that means i cant make you what the letter is.)

Loading /ubkern.......
Loading /ubnin?t......
[ 0.355001] ..P-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
[ 2.120046] ata1: softreset failed (device not ready)
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/moules/2.6.28-11-generic/modules.dep: no s
uch file or diretory

modprobe: ??????? not lad /leb/modules/2.6.28-11generic/modules.dep no s
uch file or dirtory

Loading, please wait.....

BusyBox V??.?0.2 (Ubuntu 1:1.10.2-2ubuntu7) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

I will retype this message when I get home when i have two computer running.

jarrettm
May 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I have had similar problems working from a CD, I don't think it's specific to USB.

One of my three machines shows the same BusyBox message and dies booting from CD. The other two are happy.

whitewolfmac
May 7th, 2009, 12:14 AM
The think i dont get is that it only does it with the usb, I does not do it with the CD. IDK what uBuntu your having prob. with but i have 9.04. I am goint to try it with 8.04. I dont know if that will do it or not.

When I tryed fedora 10, it worked on my laptop, but when i ran it on my desktop the screen will go white. When I tryed 11 the beta, I work. So i am hoping that it will work out the same.:confused:

keithmcc
May 7th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Similar problem discussed inthis thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1137868) (Asus M2A-VM motherboard).