PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems removing zsnes

minimusician
May 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hello all!! New to the board and linux life in general. Just got a Dell mini9 and the first thing I wanted to get working was zsnes. I couldn't install it from synaptic or the gnome add/install that comes with the mini9, but I was able to find and download the .deb file here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/zsnes/download I installed it, and it runs fine. the sound is a bit buggy and the full screen sometimes hangs no matter what config i used. So, I found snes9x in synaptic and downloaded that. Works awesome!! great sound and really smooth video!! Now, I'd like to remove zsnes, but none of the regular uninstall methods are working. Synaptic can't find it, and I've tried running the following code: ~$ AND ~# sudo apt-get remove zsnes sudo aptitude remove zsnes sudo -r zsnes even tried running gksu nautilus and removing the files by hand as outlined in the zsnes readme.txt, but all it did was break Applications-->Games-->Zsnes Emulator. What's the next step? It's a tiny program, so I guess it can just sit there, but I'll never ever use it, and I'd like to make it go away. Any suggestion??