PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 installation failure

rhddallas
May 6th, 2009, 07:19 PM
i do not know what is happening but i get this error whenever i install any form of ubuntu.
3 different hds
2 different CD burners
2 different computers
multiple iso's
multiple cds

any idea why im getting this??

Raygreen
May 7th, 2009, 12:37 AM
I got the same error message when trying to load Ubuntu 9.04 onto a Dell desktop computer. I completely wiped the harddrive. I wanted to put Ubuntu on it as the sole operating system. I can't get anything but Windows XP to reload on the computer. I can get the live version of Ubuntu to work, but it keeps failing when I try to install it on the harddrive. I have even tried reburning the CD and did it on DVD too, I have tried loading Ubuntu 8.1 and it failed too, I know that worked on this laptop. So something with that Dell Desktop is not allowing it to load, Not sure if its harddrive, DVD/CD Drive or other hardware conflicts.

rhddallas
November 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I have found a solution - i dont know any other way around installation besides this
you need an operating system loaded on it and using something to mount the iso into your cd drive (virtual drive) it allows you to re boot and install it. so far this is the only way i have found to install it