PDA

View Full Version : seriously MS, seriously

chris200x9
May 6th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Hi I don't know if this thread will get deleted but can anyone point me to a good win7 RC torrent that is not infected with stuff, I just spent an hour on their site getting nowhere with all the freezing and stuff.

LightB
May 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
It looks like they're using some java thing to serve the downloads. I wouldn't get it from a torrent, then I again I wouldn't want to get it anywhere, but unfortunately I did.

kirsis
May 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Download it from a torrent and check the MD5 hash (you can probably get one on this forum from somebody) to see if it's been tampered with.

edit: see here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7217838&postcount=29

SomeGuyDude
May 6th, 2009, 04:27 PM
It's ahhh... not MS's fault if a torrent is bad.

chris200x9
May 6th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Download it from a torrent and check the MD5 hash (you can probably get one on this forum from somebody) to see if it's been tampered with.

edit: saw ur edit :)

pwnst*r
May 6th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hi I don't know if this thread will get deleted but can anyone point me to a good win7 RC torrent that is not infected with stuff, I just spent an hour on their site getting nowhere with all the freezing and stuff.

so what you're saying that the official site's iso is "infected with stuff"?

really.

kirsis
May 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
so what you're saying that the official site's iso is "infected with stuff"?

really.

I think he's saying the official download site sucks :D

Which is true. It took me about half an hour to get to the download (would've been longer if a buddy wouldn't have advised me to just wait a lot longer for the download page to load)

pwnst*r
May 6th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I think he's saying the official download site sucks :D

Which is true. It took me about half an hour to get to the download (would've been longer if a buddy wouldn't have advised me to just wait a lot longer for the download page to load)

took me all of 53 seconds to start mine including sign in.

kirsis
May 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM
took me all of 53 seconds to start mine including sign in.

Doesn't make the download process suck any less for those downloading at a more unfortunate time.

lovinglinux
May 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
The download provided by Microsoft worked pretty well and fast for me. No complaints.

pwnst*r
May 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Doesn't make the download process suck any less for those downloading at a more unfortunate time.

yes, because that never happens for ubuntu releases, does it.

geoken
May 6th, 2009, 05:20 PM
You can use the direct links in this post to bypass the download manager. Remember to copy and past the links in a new window/tab, if you simply click them you'll be redirected to the download manager.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7221118&postcount=46

chris200x9
May 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM

I fail to see how this is relavent...he just said slow downs suck you were lucky...saying slowdowns happen with ubuntu to is like saying one guy saying "man my chevvy broke" his friend responds "that sucks" then they guy responds "well fords break too"...

meborc
May 6th, 2009, 05:25 PM

this is not bashing MS :) ... slow dl is baaaad, mmm'ckey?

no matter where or to whom it happens

bluelamp999
May 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
the download provided by microsoft worked pretty well and fast for me. No complaints.

+1

kirsis
May 6th, 2009, 05:29 PM

I'm not holding it against MS. Just sympathizing with other people who have run into problems with the download from the Microsoft site :)

I fail to see how this is relavent...he just said slow downs suck you were lucky...saying slowdowns happen with ubuntu to is like saying one guy saying "man my chevvy broke" his friend responds "that sucks" then they guy responds "well fords break too"...

Haha, good analogy :D

chris200x9
May 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
You can use the direct links in this post to bypass the download manager. Remember to copy and past the links in a new window/tab, if you simply click them you'll be redirected to the download manager.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7221118&postcount=46

THANK YOU!!! This solved everything nice and FAST 1 MB/s :O