PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Corrupted ISO for Xubuntu alternate

sbrbot
May 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I downloaded Xubuntu 9.04 alternate ISO (i386) image several times. MD5 checksum verification says ISO is OK but during installation and CD verification (menu in install) says that CD is corrupted! What is wrong with this ISO?

Partyboi2
May 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Sometimes burning can cause data corruption, if you have not already try burning at x4 or less speed then choose the option once you are at the Xubuntu main menu, to check the cd for defects.

x33a
May 6th, 2009, 01:25 PM
most likely an issue with your discs or the drive. try, burning the same iso on some friend's computer.

i was facing a similar issue with ubuntu iso, each time the burn failed.

so, i took the iso and burnt it onto a disc using my sister's laptop.

glotz
May 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I once managed to use some tool repeatedly to burn a 700 megs distro onto a 650 megs CD... :oops:

The nice tool didn't feel like giving an error message.

sbrbot
May 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
It seems that something really is wrong with this ISO.

I downloaded it several times from different mirrors, recorded it using different recording speeds (including 2x) but checksum verification always reports the same error:

The ./pool/main/g/gcalctool/gcalctool_5.26.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb failed the MD5 checksum verification.

Could somebody confirm successful installation of Xubuntu 9.04 alternate?

x33a
May 8th, 2009, 04:19 AM
does the burn process fail, or you check the hash later?

if the burning completes without any errors, i would suggest you give the disc a try and see if it works.

my current jaunty (ubuntu) cd had one error (live cd check), but it still installed properly.

Clavin12
October 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I've had this problem too and I've done all i can to stop it and it still shows up. I think the source might be corrupted.