PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Stuck at "Sun" EULA on terminal

OxentroT
May 6th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I have ran a few commands in my quest to get my apt- instalation and download attempts to run properly. I would paste said actions carried out within my terminal but it seems that I am stuck at a 'package configuration screen, configuring sun-java-6' unable to type or advance in any way.

Here is a summary of my actions entered into the terminal in order to address a 'E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem issue:
I ran:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

then

sudo apt-get update
followed by
sudo apt-get upgrade

According to the person who posted the technique I was supposed to be prompted for password after the first command. I was not, but everything seemed to run okay until I arrived to the sun configuration within my terminal.

kpkeerthi
May 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Can you post a screenshot of 'sun configuration' screen ? (You should be able to scroll down and click on the OK button to accept the license agreement, if that is what you mean by 'configuration screen')

ibuclaw
May 6th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Do the Tab and Arrow-keys work?

To memory, the arrow keys initially control the curses scrollbar, and you press tab to switch to the "Accept" or "Decline" buttons.

Regards
Iain

OxentroT
May 6th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Thankyou for the responses to my issue.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww309/oxentrot/sunfig.jpg

Here is a scrn shot. This is the bottom of the config I am able to scroll up and down and nothing else. It also seems that there is still a package manager running, would this be it? Is there a ways to view any package manager that may be running in the background?

Partyboi2
May 6th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Hi, you should be able to press the 'Tab' key which will highlight the 'ok', then you can press enter to accept.

OxentroT
May 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
YES! Thankyou! I am now palming my forehead over yet another over-looked common sense should-have-know-to-do thing.
sometimes I think I have no business at this keyboard.
TAB worked of course and all is well with the Java.

Thankyou all for the help!
:-o

Partyboi2
May 6th, 2009, 01:17 PM
YES! Thankyou! I am now palming my forehead over yet another over-looked common sense should-have-know-to-do thing.
sometimes I think I have no business at this keyboard.
TAB worked of course and all is well with the Java.

Thankyou all for the help!
:-o
We all have those moments :P

sisco311
May 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Wow, the CLI interface is still the default. :(

Why not the Gnome one?

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -f gnome debconf