That ubuntu S*** talking is typical from a BSD forum

but why linux.org but powered by freebsd

Sorry know shouldn't have but I did

wsonar
May 6th, 2009, 04:08 AM
the BSD attitude is a real turn off

kk0sse54
May 6th, 2009, 04:09 AM
What thread are you talking about? anti linux BSD users are like anti windows linux users, they exist but they're aren't a majority and I don't find it totally rampant on BSD forums.

wsonar
May 6th, 2009, 04:15 AM
What thread are you talking about? anti linux BSD users are like anti windows linux users, they exist but they're aren't a majority and I don't find it totally rampant on BSD forums.

From what I experienced they feel if you use a linux like ubuntu

you must be using it because it's easy and you don't want to take the time or know how to build your OS from a bunch of outdated ports

I just came across a lot of them that have a leetist attitude

kk0sse54
May 6th, 2009, 04:16 AM

you must be using it because it's easy and you don't want to take the time or know how to build your OS from a bunch of outdated ports

:roll: the ports system is very up to date, way more so than the Ubuntu repos. It's unfortaunte that you experienced that though since it doesn't reflect the majority of BSD users.

wsonar
May 6th, 2009, 04:19 AM
after you update your port tree
but I thought they where still on gnome 2.24 for freeBSD

kk0sse54
May 6th, 2009, 04:21 AM
after you update your port tree
but I thought they where still on gnome 2.24 for freeBSD

I'm using 2.26 right now so yes they a are up to date.

wsonar
May 6th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I'm down with the BSD to just have experienced some attitude form the users that's all

kk0sse54
May 6th, 2009, 04:33 AM
It's perfectly understandable, unfortunately in every community there's always people who view themselves as elite or more superior than others on the basis that they might have perhaps a "better os" than everybody else. It's just utter BS that just needs to be ignored for the most part...

pwnst*r
May 6th, 2009, 04:38 AM
great thread.

would click again.

wsonar
May 6th, 2009, 04:40 AM
lol

Giant Speck
May 6th, 2009, 05:22 AM

I just came across a lot of them that have a leetist attitude

Um, this kind of attitude is not limited to BSD users. There are plenty of users of other Linux distros that feel the same way about Ubuntu.

CJ Master
May 6th, 2009, 05:51 AM
great thread.

would click again.

+1 :popcorn:

Note to mods: Please don't close this thread, I need more free entertainment. :(

DeadSuperHero
May 6th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Doesn't the OP mean Linsux?

As a side note, it'd be hilarious for Linux.com to be bought and converted into a BSD forum.

dspari1
May 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
How about giving us a link? I can't find the post. Is it on Linux.com or Linux.org? I can't find the forums on Linux.org

Dragonbite
May 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I've found attitude about their Linux version over all other linux versons in other forums (and in here). Seems to be the "nature of the beast" to some degree.

That's why I go trolling around different forums.. to play "devil's advocate" :twisted: I defend the other distributions!