PDA

View Full Version : Hello ubuntu community!

adi-beg
January 10th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Hi to everybody in the ubuntu community!

On Sunday, my friend and me, decided to use ubuntulinux at internetcafe we together administrate. To use internet is free at our cafe (if somebody wants to use internet in our cafe, he/she doesn't have to pay for anything, for more information click here. (http://www.regnbuen.info)) We found out that ubuntu is easiest to install, configure and use. But we have some problems. We want that users can use computers not only to browse internet, but also to listen to their favourite cd, watch their favourite videos online, etc. etc. So, which media player supports everything, what do we need to install in addition to basic ubuntu 5.10? We wants that all plugins open in browser window.

Thank you for yours suggestions!

majikstreet
January 10th, 2006, 01:45 AM
:)

Welcome to ubuntulinux!

Nice to see that ubuntu is being used at an internet cafe.. I personally have no problems with mplayer and some plugin for it with firefox, but I've had this installation for many months, so I am unsure of what I exactly installed to get it working! I would suggest searching and looking in the Customization Tips and Tricks forum. If you have any trouble, don't hesitate to ask in one of the support forums or the IRC channel(s)...

Welcome to ubuntu, and enjoy your stay!

majikstreet

neoflight
January 10th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Hi to everybody in the ubuntu community!

On Sunday, my friend and me, decided to use ubuntulinux at internetcafe we together administrate. To use internet is free at our cafe (if somebody wants to use internet in our cafe, he/she doesn't have to pay for anything, for more information click here. (http://www.regnbuen.info)) We found out that ubuntu is easiest to install, configure and use. But we have some problems. We want that users can use computers not only to browse internet, but also to listen to their favourite cd, watch their favourite videos online, etc. etc. So, which media player supports everything, what do we need to install in addition to basic ubuntu 5.10? We wants that all plugins open in browser window.

Thank you for yours suggestions!

nice!!! i suggest using automatix to get the necessary plugins... a nice application.... if u r running breezy...