PDA

View Full Version : windows it's over

mamamia88
May 6th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Dear Windows, I've tried to make it work between you and me but with all your constant blue screens and error messages it's time to move on. I am deleting my windows partition for the last time and going to a single boot of jaunty. My next desktop will be a custom built pc with ubuntu and my next laptop will probably be a macbook pro i've always wanted to learn osx. With my 360 and ps3 for gaming i no longer see a reason to use you. goodbye and good riddance

Kareeser
May 6th, 2009, 02:08 AM
*tear*, the sad part is, Windows won't miss ya.

Anyhow, when you're finished "learning" OSX, install Ubuntu on it. :)

mamamia88
May 6th, 2009, 02:10 AM
*tear*, the sad part is, Windows won't miss ya.

Anyhow, when you're finished "learning" OSX, install Ubuntu on it. :)

sure it will be awhile before i need a new laptop plan on bulding my desktop this summer

Newuser1111
May 6th, 2009, 02:10 AM
but with all your constant blue screensQuit buying bad hardware.

mamamia88
May 6th, 2009, 02:12 AM
hey man i think this is pretty good hardware

joey-elijah
May 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I always find people's experiences with Windows curious because having Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64, i only had my first BSOD a few months back in the beta of Windows7 .

I guess i do something "wrong" compared to most people because Windows has always been largely stable for me - not to excuse it's other shortcomings, but fact.

Vista x64 in particular was an incredibly stable and fast OS from the second i installed it on my (self built) PC

pastalavista
May 6th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Dear Mamamia88, we don't care. You are just one out of millions who have already paid for our product when you bought your machine. We have bamboozled all the OEM's to install Windows because the vast majority of the public is too dumb or insecure to ever try new things. It scares them. Your little rebellion is futile. We rule! ~Microsoft

Newuser1111
May 6th, 2009, 02:18 AM
hey man i think this is pretty good hardwareWhat is it?

mamamia88
May 6th, 2009, 02:19 AM
yeah i know they don't care but i'm not supporting the os again even if it means never playing pc games i will buy mac laptops and build computers even if it costs more than buying prebuilt with windows

pwnst*r
May 6th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Dear Windows, I've tried to make it work between you and me but with all your constant blue screens and error messages it's time to move on. I am deleting my windows partition for the last time and going to a single boot of jaunty. My next desktop will be a custom built pc with ubuntu and my next laptop will probably be a macbook pro i've always wanted to learn osx. With my 360 and ps3 for gaming i no longer see a reason to use you. goodbye and good riddance

constant blue screens and you completely blame windows? lol.

even though i have both the 360/ps3, nothing compares to a kb/mouse combo for FPS's.

Kareeser
May 6th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Actually, I personally believe that after Windows introduced driver signing, Blue screens as a result of bad hardware became less of an issue.

Segfaults are a different issue altogether, as that's just badly designed software.

We all know and love the video of Bill Gates plugging in the scanner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgriTO8UHvs), but I'm thinking that that's at least in the past :)

gletob
May 6th, 2009, 02:54 AM

Good for you, I don't give a crap but if I did you'd be the first I'd give it to.

el.norman
May 6th, 2009, 03:01 AM
now,now...

if you just want to keep ubuntu, go for it, you might also get tired of osx for a while making you install ubuntu on it :smile: