PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome: Nautilus: Can't right click 'full' folder

vibrunazo
May 5th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I feel really dumb asking these, but I googled it a lot and couldn't find an answer.

On Nautilus, using 'View as List' (Ctrl+2) I can create a new document by right clicking on an empty space on the file listing -> create document menu item. But if my folder listing is full (the nautilus' file list fills up the screen) then I cannot create new folders because there is no empty space to right click. If I click on anywhere on the file listing it will show the menu for the file bellow the mouse cursor, but won't show me the 'create document' menu item.

Right Clicking on the folder listing to the left also doesn't give me that option.

One solution I found was to change the view to 'show icon' (Ctrl+1) and then just right click between two icons.

A similar problem that I have is when drag-dropping one file between 2 nautilus windows. If the containing window file listing is filled with folders, I cannot drag it there because it will target the folder bellow the mouse cursor and not the folder that it is listing. I also solve this by changing view to Icons instead of List.

But is there a better solution to both these problems so I don't need to change my view between Icons and List so often? I'd much rather only use List view and it there. Maybe a hotkey I'm not aware of?

murcherson
November 14th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I feel dumb as well. Should be easy but I cant find how to do this after 30 mins searching. Anyone help please!