PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems with ScrollLock

mixl
May 5th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Hi there,

To run a ubuntu machine and a Windows computer from just one keyboard, mouse and screen only I am using a Trendnet TK209 KVM switch. Now working with Windows and switching to the Linux machine I can simply use a shortcut by typing "ScollLock ScrollLock". The other way round is not so easy: the keyboard shortcut does not work with Ubuntu and each time I have to crawl under my desk to operate the switch manually.
On the one hand this makes me end up working with ubuntu most the time, which is positive. But on the other hand it can be very bothering also by the time.

I am working with Ubuntu 8.10. Creating a /home/user/.Xmodmap file with the "add mod3 = Scroll_Lock" does not show any effect neither does the system-wide version of this workaround.

Interestingly the ScrollLock ScrollLock thingy does work when I am not logged to the XWindow server (eg. when changing to a nother terminal with Ctrl+Alt+F1).

Does anybody have a clue what might be the problem...

Thanks in advance

smartmeister
August 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM
i'm having the same issue and would be glad to find a workaround

mrgoodman
October 6th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I'm also having the same problem. I'm able to switch from Ubuntu with tapping NumLock instead of ScrollLock, but I'd prefer ScrollLock.