PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Changing Second Life's Icon

CybaCowboy
May 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Okay, I've managed to get Second Life to install (with a lot of help!) and I've worked-out how to add it to the dock at the top of my screen... But it only displays with the default icon (a spring)!

There's a Second Life icon in the installation folder (in .png format), but when I browse to that folder (using "properties"), the icon is not shown, thereby restricting me from selecting it!

Any ideas how I can change the icon to the official one, found in the Second Life installation folder?

CybaCowboy
May 8th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Bump!

HyRax
May 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Do a right-mouse on the Second Life launcher icon and bring up Properties. There you will see the default "launcher" spring icon (spring/launcher, geddit? oh never mind...).

Move that window aside but don't close it.

Now bring up Nautilus and locate your funky icon. You will see a thumbnail of it as normal.

Drag that picture icon over on top of the spring icon in the properties window and let go. Viola! Your launcher icon will change to the new image.

Close the windows, you're done.

NOTE: The launcher will LOSE the icon if you move the original picture on your system to a different location, because it's loaded directly, not copied.

CybaCowboy
May 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Aha, worked like a charm!

Thanks!