PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Disable blur on drop down menu?

butterdori
May 5th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I've activated the blur on compiz through CCSM.

ow can I disable the blur on dropdown menus as it's shown on the attachment?

The 'focus blur windows' looks like this

(type= toolbar | blur | utility | normal | dialog | modaldialog) & !(name=gnome-screensaver | name=.*Screenlet.* | state=skiptaskbar | state=skippager)

oh ubuntu 8.10 btw

benoy4007
May 5th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Go to Apparance disable compiz and then enable it, with your required effects.

butterdori
May 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi,

No, restarting it doesn't seem to work...

mcduck
May 5th, 2009, 12:50 PM
The different menu windows are of type "Menu", "PopupMenu" or "DropdownMenu".

(type= toolbar | blur | utility | normal | dialog | modaldialog) & !(name=gnome-screensaver | name=.*Screenlet.* | state=skiptaskbar | state=skippager) & !(type=Menu | DropdownMenu | PopupMenu)

butterdori
May 5th, 2009, 01:00 PM
The different menu windows are of type "Menu", "PopupMenu" or "DropdownMenu".

(type= toolbar | blur | utility | normal | dialog | modaldialog) & !(name=gnome-screensaver | name=.*Screenlet.* | state=skiptaskbar | state=skippager) & !(type=Menu | DropdownMenu | PopupMenu)

That did the trick. Thanks very much!!

butterdori
May 5th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Scratch that, the problem returns if I minimise it and then maximise the window again....

Could it be a bug?

mcduck
May 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
That could be a bug indeed.

As Firefox doesn't really use native toolkits for it's graphics (at least directly) it has some issues with menu window types, using wrong widgets in wrong places etc..

However I've found those window types to work fine with Firefox, at least for setting menu transparencies, so the bug could be in the blur plugin as well as in Firefox.

edit: Actually I think it's a Firefox bug. Now that I paid some extra attention to Firefox menus, the dropdown box on the address bar doesn't seem to behave correctly. I suppose Firefox must be using some other window type for it.