PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please safe me from myself-and back to ubuntu.

hoboy
May 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I had ubuntu runing fine. then I decided that I didn't need xine anymore then I went to synaptic to remove all the think that has something to do xine on it...
and my miseries started.
Then Firefox desapeared from the menue,Administration desapeared from under System, some others menues desapeared.
Then I restart ubuntu, then I could not get into the menue at all, i was always getting to the console login, I was able to login then I uses sudo apt-get install gnome... after that I come into to a menue but this menue is different from my old good friend ubuntu.
How can I get back to ubuntu ?

lisati
May 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
My first thought: from the command line, type in the following and let us know how you get on:
sudo apitude reinstall ubuntu-desktop

hoboy
May 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM
My first thought: from the command line, type in the following and let us know how you get on:
sudo apitude reinstall ubuntu-desktop

Man you have saved my day.
I got back ubuntu desktop, I love my ubuntu desktop.
Bu my firefox still look different, from before, when I look at about I am using
Mozzilla 5.0;
FireFox 3.0.10
Maybe there is another version that is better, if so how can I install that ?

rabbit251
May 5th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Glad you got your desktop back! :D Firefox 3.0.10 is the latest release, I'm pretty sure. According to the release notes (http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/3.0.10/releasenotes/), it's only since about a week ago, and it's the version I'm using.

hoboy
May 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Tks for that information. Yes I am very very pleased to get my ubuntu desktop back.
where can I buy ubuntu shorts/clothes i am living in Scandinavia.