PDA

View Full Version : What is the best email app available?

akakingess
May 5th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I am posting this under 'tips&tutorials' because I would consider any answer as a good tip for me to determine what email app I should use. I tried the built-in one and it worked fine, but what I am wondering is there an email app out there that will be a little like Outlook in that I can create different "profiles" and choose which one to log into when I launch the app. I say this because I keep track of about 6 different email boxes and would like to log in as each individually when using email. So, if I could get some tips (what ya'll have used, what you liked/didn't like, and what you would recommend) that would be great. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Earl

Saint Angeles
May 5th, 2009, 06:17 AM
i've used thunderbird for a long time. i'm not sure about all the bells and whistles because i never do anythign too complicated with emails, but its made my mozilla and its like the "firefox" of e-mail clients.

MaxIBoy
May 5th, 2009, 06:26 AM
The best email client would probably not fit the description you're giving.

The best email client I know of is Mutt.

el.norman
May 5th, 2009, 06:30 AM
in evolution you can have more than one account at a time

fatality_uk
May 5th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolution is a superb PIM. It fits all my needs for both business and personal email.

Orlsend
May 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I've used Thunderbird for a long time. I'm not sure about all the bells and whistles because I never do anything too complicated with emails, but its made my Mozilla and its like the "Firefox" of e-mail clients.

I never had luck with evolution,Thunderbird works for me nicely! I like since it multiplataform.

akakingess
May 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for all of your input, I am going to go with Thunderbird as email client for now as I check out others and see how they do for me. Also, I am going to use Sunbird for my scheduling and such, and so far it looks pretty good to me. Any other calendar apps ya'll know of that might match or improve on sunbird?

Therion
May 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Another vote for Evolution Mail. Dear gawd how I love it's instantly effective, Terminator-like, spam filter!

Am I just lucky, or is it scary accurate right out of the gate for everyone??

Mehall
May 5th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I like Thunderbird.

It can be setup to use independent inboxes for POP3 accounts, but it automatically separates all IMAP accounts, and I prefer IMAP anyways, so I use all my accounts (except hotmail which doesn't support it) via IMAP to keep them separate, while still only needing one app to access them all at one time.

Evolution probably does the same, but TB has the cross-platform advantage, so i ahve TB Portable on my pendrive for when stuck on windows.

akoskm
May 5th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Thunderbird. It's simple enough, and you can customize it with addons if you have some personal dependencies. +Feed reader!