PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mail Notification and Evolution

frankabel
May 4th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Hi all,

When try configure and "Add a Mailbox" and select "Evolution" the following message appear.

"
Mail Notification can not contact Evolution. Make sure that Evolution is running and that the Evolution Jean-Yves Lefort's Mail Notification plugin is loaded.
"

What can I do?

Cheers
Frank Abel

khelben1979
May 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
You really should try to explain more in detail how you do this so it gets easier to understand what you are doing wrong, but my guess right now is that Evolution isn't installed in the system, and if this is the case:

sudo apt-get install evolution

frankabel
May 4th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

My 9.04 installation is pretty standard, no rare removal/additions or customization. So evolution is installed as per default in Ubuntu.

After install "mail-notification-evolution" and go "App->Internet->Mail Notification" and then "Add" and select "Evolution" the message "
Mail Notification can not contact Evolution. Make sure that Evolution is running and that the Evolution Jean-Yves Lefort's Mail Notification plugin is loaded." show.

Cheers
Frank Abel

khelben1979
May 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Have you tried to activate this feature within the Evolution mail program instead?

frankabel
May 5th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Isn't the same, Evolution notification plugin isn't so feature rich as "Mail Notification" is.

sam_delta
May 6th, 2009, 04:24 AM
some problem here, seems like mail-notification its not able to contact evolution

Sam

andrewski
May 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Seems like a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mail-notification/+bug/376812