PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Live CD & Wine

WV2MJR
May 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I have Ubuntu 9.04 DVD... after I install it, I install Wine and when I go to the Mount Manager, I get this error message "Failed to connect to the mount manager, the drive configuration cannot be edited". I uninstalled wine, tried different versions of it and I even went so far as to reinstall Ubuntu 9.04 completely but had no successful. The intersting this is when I use the Live CD and install Wine, I get no error message.

My question is this, if I install Wine on Live CD and than click the "install" button on the desktop, will my files copy over? I know Live CD is great for trying out new programs but will the programs I install while using the Live CD copy over to my Hard Drive after I install Ubuntu from the Live CD?

Mark Phelps
May 5th, 2009, 10:09 PM
My question is this, if I install Wine on Live CD and than click the "install" button on the desktop, will my files copy over? I know Live CD is great for trying out new programs but will the programs I install while using the Live CD copy over to my Hard Drive after I install Ubuntu from the Live CD?

Basically -- no. Install will do a default installation, not a custom one with the packages you've added while using the LiveCD.