PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 update on 5/4/09 corrupted machine

techemically
May 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I have a desktop running 8.04 and today it installed 19 updates; it prompted for a restart. After that my noscript add-on in firefox will not run or allow anything and when I click on my taskbar at the top it disappears along with the bar at the bottom that shows open programs when minimized. Multiple reboots do not change this.

y_garti
May 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM
i think i speak for the reset of us when i say that you need to describe the problem better. even do a print screen if you can because i don't think that somebody anyone really understand what you are experiencing

techemically
May 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
The issue is on a different machine that is not functioning so getting a screen shot is not possible. As far as the description is concerned, the two control bars at the top and bottom in ubuntu disappear once they are clicked on and the add-on for firefox called noscript does not allow any scripts to run no matter if i have set it to allow scripts or not. These are the only known symptoms and I do not think any amount of description is going to paint a clearer picture for you. Something in the update that came out for hardy today hosed this machine up. Is there anyway for me to find out what was in those updates? This is not my machine so I was not present when this occurred.

techemically
May 4th, 2009, 06:31 PM
correction, only clicking on the icon in the top right that gives you the restart/hibernate/shut down options makes the menu/taskbars disappear