PDA

View Full Version : google pack = synaptic

earobinson
January 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Google anounced the google pack (http://pack.google.com/pack/pack_installer_all.html) the other day Its funny because it is very similar to synaptic you pick the programs you want and it installs them.

would love to see gaim on the list.

Ampersand
January 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'd love to see linux versions of some of those programs (:

earobinson
January 9th, 2006, 06:56 PM
wouldent we all. I just alwasys think its really cool when people copy things in linux.

mstlyevil
January 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM
We already have Firefox and Adobe Reader. We don't need Adaware SE or Norton. The only two google apps I see that I would want on my Linux desktop are Google Earth and Picasa. The rest are Windows centric and would not be of much use on a Linux desktop.

Randomskk
January 9th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't mind google talk as well, while gAIM can do that chat function it doesn't look as nice, nor can it ring people :(

mstlyevil
January 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't mind google talk as well, while gAIM can do that chat function it doesn't look as nice, nor can it ring people :(

Google talk was not listed in the Google pack. That is probally because it is still in Beta though. I am sure they will add it later.

towsonu2003
January 9th, 2006, 07:56 PM
I keep emailing them for those google programs.

briancurtin
January 9th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Google talk was not listed in the Google pack. That is probally because it is still in Beta though. I am sure they will add it later.
does google have anything out of beta?

[/sarcasm]

earobinson
January 9th, 2006, 09:04 PM
actualy google talk is listed.... I just think its cool how the program has such a synaptic feel to it, you pick the programs it installs and keeps them up to date for you no questions asked.

I would love to see most of the google programs proted to linux.