PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] evolution freezes

randlieb
May 4th, 2009, 12:33 PM
After upgrading to 9.04, upon trying to save an event in Evolution calendar, it froze and every time since I try to open Evolution it opens but then freezes and it shows nothing in the calendar window pane where I should be able to see my scheduled events. I NEED MY EMAIL/CALENDAR/ADDRESS BOOK!!! HELP!!!!!

Had no problems with Evolution in 8.10.

tpurch
May 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I have the same problem evolution appears to freeze as soon as its loaded. No emails are listed and inbox doesn't appear in the Mail panel at the side. it appears to have happened this week after an automatic update.

Any ideas?

tpurch
May 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Given up with evolution and installed thunderbird & migrated my old mail using the steps below:

Started Thunderbird, cancelled import option, setup my email account and then closed thunderbird.

Then copied the five files from .evolution/Mail/local, the files are Outbox,Inbox, Sent, Draft, Templates to .mozilla-thunderbird/i7bqvbzk.default/Mail/Local Folders/ overwriting the ones that are already there....(Note: i7bqvbzk.default may be different from computer to computer)

Started thunderbird and highlighted the mails as read then delivered my new mail.......:)

luuke
June 14th, 2009, 03:06 AM
tpurch I have moved to using thunderbird too but this is not a fix!
There seems to be a lot of people having this issue, can anybody shed any light on why?

webdebbyjoss
December 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Hi, guys

I have exactly the same problem with Evolution.

It just freezes on start up or some times it starts normally but freezes on mail check.

How can we figure our that?