PDA

View Full Version : Those that went out of their way to purchase Vista, not just the OEM version.

bakedbeans4life
May 4th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Will you pay for Windows 7 also?

Ocxic
May 4th, 2009, 01:03 AM
doubtful, Microsoft is giving Win7 away for free for a year.
just goes to show, what they need to do to be able to compete. not to mention the added "Windows XP mode" (which is just WinXP in a virtual machine) to make sure everything will be backwards compatible.

http://techblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/04/microsoft-to-make-near-final-v.html

Deamos
May 4th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I bought Vista Ultimate retail the first day it was released. Now, since the Vista failure & the lack of promised additions to the Ultimate edition, I plan on giving Microsoft the middle finger on Windows 7. I'll acquire it if I need it, otherwise No.

dragos240
May 4th, 2009, 01:33 AM
No.

cprofitt
May 4th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Will you pay for Windows 7 also?

I own three copies of Windows Vista Ultimate. One I paid for the other two were from going to Microsoft events. I plan on getting at least one copy of Windows 7 from going to an event... so I will get one copy, but not pay for it this time.

forrestcupp
May 4th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I own three copies of Windows Vista Ultimate. One I paid for the other two were from going to Microsoft events. I plan on getting at least one copy of Windows 7 from going to an event... so I will get one copy, but not pay for it this time.

How do you find these "events"?

Polygon
May 4th, 2009, 02:47 AM
from the beta,windows 7 seems to be what vista should of been, and i think they are actually going to make good on their promise to actually support this release for more then 2 years, so yes i will.

garythegoth
May 4th, 2009, 02:49 AM
No.

Grant A.
May 4th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Seeing as how the Longhorn betas turned into Vista, and most problems weren't fixed until SP1... I think I'll wait atleast until the first service pack for Windows 7.

Master_Odin
May 4th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Based on the performance of the BETAs for Windows 7, yes, I'll buy a copy as Microsoft seems to have truly gotten this one right from the get go. (To be fair to Vista, XP wasn't all that great till SP 1 either. Seems like 7 will break this pattern! :P)

forrestcupp
May 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
(To be fair to Vista, XP wasn't all that great till SP 1 either.)

That's very true. People don't seem to remember that when XP was first released, it was a bug-ridden piece of crap compared to what it became after the service packs. But we had to buy it because they were forsaking the DOS line in favor of the NT line.

spoons
May 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
That's very true. People don't seem to remember that when XP was first released, it was a bug-ridden piece of crap compared to what it became after the service packs. But we had to buy it because they were forsaking the DOS line in favor of the NT line.

That's right. Everyone seems to think XP was always brilliant when it was awful when it was released. I remember my dad going back to ME/98SE because XP had a problem with USB2.0 (later fixed)

I'll be buying Windows 7 if it provides faster gaming performance in my Dell laptop, which could do with a bit of a kick up the behind (Mobility Radeon 3450)