PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing nexuiz 251 on jaunty

phil.hermetic@langtoft.ne
May 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
trying to install nexuiz-251 on jaunty, cannot get synaptic to recognise the downloaded file, add/remove doesnt seem to do it, cannot find an APT address to dload from. have downloaded and unzipped nexuiz-251.zip (twice) tried it zipped, tried it unzipped, and am getting nowhere fast. cannot open nexuiz from the exe file either. I installed the earlier version and the pro version with little problem, only trouble is, I cant really remember how:( can anyone enlighten me? (or even help:))
phil

Partyboi2
May 4th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Hi, go to this (http://www.getdeb.net/app/Nexuiz) page and download the deb package for Jaunty, then double click on it to start the install process.

May 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM
thanks for that, trying it now, it does appear to be loading a different package, I will keep em crossed and let you know what happens. Phil

May 4th, 2009, 01:57 PM
well, that worked (I think I downloaded the wrong package, i got one yesterday called nexuiz-251.zip) BUT it now says it is incompatible with the older version, so I presume I have to remove that one and install the new one, is there any way I can install the new version to a different folder?