PDA

View Full Version : hello (but without mouse)

Rinos69
January 9th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Hello guys first post here
i have recently (two days ago) switched to ubuntu 5.10 on my laptop (hp omnibook Xe3, pretty old...)!
I am completely noob to linux, and i think this release will help me to make my first steps in that world without bill gates and his stuff :rolleyes:

i got some problem with eth0, but now it works fine ghgh
now it's mouse time.. it freezes when i connect it -> must use the touchpad -> hate it!
i know these are thetypical noob questions, i'll search on the board for solution after this post, but if you have any suggestions, useful links, etc etc, i'll appreciate!
i have tried to edit the xorg.conf and replaced with sudo cp (cool, eh! :cool: ), but with no results :(

BSDFreak
January 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Hello guys first post here
i have recently (two days ago) switched to ubuntu 5.10 on my laptop (hp omnibook Xe3, pretty old...)!
I am completely noob to linux, and i think this release will help me to make my first steps in that world without bill gates and his stuff :rolleyes:

i got some problem with eth0, but now it works fine ghgh
now it's mouse time.. it freezes when i connect it -> must use the touchpad -> hate it!
i know these are thetypical noob questions, i'll search on the board for solution after this post, but if you have any suggestions, useful links, etc etc, i'll appreciate!
i have tried to edit the xorg.conf and replaced with sudo cp (cool, eh! :cool: ), but with no results :(

How do you connect your mouse? USB or PS2? Does it work if you have the mouse connected at startup or doesn't it work at all? Have you verified that everything works hardware wise?

Rinos69
January 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
hi BSD, thanks for the reply!
it's a PS2 mouse, it works on anoter pc under Win XP Pro and not under ubuntu... whether i connect it before or after startup, it just doesn't work :(

BSDFreak
January 9th, 2006, 02:44 PM
hi BSD, thanks for the reply!
it's a PS2 mouse, it works on anoter pc under Win XP Pro and not under ubuntu... whether i connect it before or after startup, it just doesn't work :(

Hum, it should, it should use the same driver and the same port as the touchpad. To be honest i have no idea why it doesn't, if i were you i'd post this question in the support forum instead. Sorry i can't be of more help.