PDA

View Full Version : where is netbook iso

fminmexico
May 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
I have downloaded the Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix twice from different sites, both times it was not an ISO file,but using a special burning program I burnt the file to DVD,both DVDs would not load.Where can I find the remix as an ISO file.
fminmexico.

logos34
May 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
you copy it to USB stick, not disc:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UNR#The%20Easy%20(recommended)%20way

good luck

snowpine
May 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
Most netbooks don't have a CD drive, so NBR is distributed as a .img file you can "burn" to a USB thumb drive.

fminmexico
May 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
you copy it to USB stick, not disc:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UNR#The%20Easy%20(recommended)%20way

good luck

thank you
fminmexico.

fminmexico
May 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM
Most netbooks don't have a CD drive, so NBR is distributed as a .img file you can "burn" to a USB thumb drive.

thank you
fminmexico

fminmexico
May 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM

Did as you suggested to a 2gig USB when I try to load I get boot error.Wiped the USB reloaded the .img still get boot error.Any ideas.
fminmexico.

logos34
May 3rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
did you try copying using the dd command method? if not, try it

fminmexico
May 3rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
did you try copying using the dd command method? if not, try it

I have no idea how to do that.
fminmexico.

logos34
May 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
it's explained in the wiki ('Harder way')

just assuming you're on linux. If windows, then the 'flashnul' method

Eiht
May 6th, 2009, 12:34 AM
One thing to remember. I came across this article because I was trying to install UNR Jaunty on my EEE with wubi and having no luck. Turned out my image was junk. It would write to the USB and look fine except that wubi wouldn't open. Lesson learned the one time I don't bother to hash check. Also keep in mind that this .img is NOT an image of a CD but of a USB stick(or some other memory device) so you can't(as far as I know) convert it to .iso with MagicISO or any of those sorts of methods. Just a little FYI.