PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Default opening applications doesn't remember association

daaussie
May 3rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Ok, so I have saved Thunderbird files saved in folders. I open them from the folder and it says its an executable file for opening with terminal.

I then right click and direct it to open with the thunderbird application and it works of course. So its not too big a problem, but>......

I then go back and open again and it doesn't remember that thunderbird option in the list, nor can I find a way of telling ubuntu that all .EML files are to be opened with THUNDERBIRD program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

daaussie
May 4th, 2009, 04:27 AM
anyone know the answer??

Stupendoussteve
May 4th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Right click the file, choose Properties. Click on the Open With tab and choose from the list, or add the application if it isn't there. This association should carry over to all files of that type.

daaussie
May 4th, 2009, 04:46 AM
sorry, i wasnt clear, but i did all that, but it just doesn't "remember" the association at all, it doesn't even put it in the right click "Open with" list.

This process works for adobe and changing from the pdf version that comes with ubuntu - just not thunderbird.