PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech S510 Keyboard Volume Keys

ccalgreen
May 3rd, 2009, 01:45 AM
I have a Logitech S510 keyboard, and the keyboard volume keys stopped controlling my sound card today (it worked yesterday, but Jaunty failed to boot and since then it hasn't worked).

I checked the keyboard shortcut mapping and it seems to be correct, confirmed by the fact I get the temporary on-screen volume display; however, it is not actually controlling the sound driver for my card (Audigy 4, using the ALSA mixer - which the Volume Control app correctly controls.)

My guess is that the keyboard control is actually changing the volume settings on the wrong sound driver, maybe the onboard sound, not my separate sound card??

Any help is appreciated!

slayr007
May 4th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I am having a similar issue w/ my "stock" toshiba laptop. About three days after i installed jaunty my mouse's (and keyboard's), which is(are) bluetooth, shortcut keys stopped working. I have a Rocketfish Rf-BTCMBO keyboard and mouse set. I am using a targus BT2.0 usb dongle which worked with the beta and the first couple of days with the release and has worked with my previous BT kybrd/mouse combo, which was also rocketfish.](*,)