PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] intrepid~Where do I get notification area applet for AWN docks?

KEE
May 2nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Where do I get notification area applet for AWN?

lovinglinux
May 3rd, 2009, 12:38 AM
Open Synaptic, search for "awn", mark all awn-applets-c-core and awn-applets-python-extras packages for install and click "apply". There are 3 different "Notification Area" applets: "Notification Area", "PyNot" and "PyNot RGBA". I prefer the first.

brundles
November 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Open Synaptic, search for "awn", mark all awn-applets-c-core and awn-applets-python-extras packages for install and click "apply". There are 3 different "Notification Area" applets: "Notification Area", "PyNot" and "PyNot RGBA". I prefer the first.

Which version of Ubuntu was that on? I'm running Intrepid, have all of the awn applet packages installed (c-core, c-extra, python-core and python extras) but still can't see that (or a bunch of other) AWN applit :(.

lovinglinux
November 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Which version of Ubuntu was that on? I'm running Intrepid, have all of the awn applet packages installed (c-core, c-extra, python-core and python extras) but still can't see that (or a bunch of other) AWN applit :(.

It was on Jaunty, but now I'm using KDE on Karmic and not even using AWN anymore, so I can't help much.