PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!!!

Christos
January 9th, 2006, 04:23 AM
I'm a new Ubuntu user and new member to the forum, and just wanted to say hi. I love your web-site and community, and hope to be part of it some day...would love to get involved in the future!

Hope to get to know you all someday. Thanks! ;)

mstlyevil
January 9th, 2006, 04:30 AM
You don't have to wait till someday to be a part of this community. Heck we have a few Windows only users that post on this forum regularly. Just jump on in and join us now, you are more than welcome.

Christos
January 11th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Well, thank you.

I'm really trying to familiarize myself with Ubuntu to be honest...quite different philosophy from Windows and hence having some trouble. No worries though, i guess it just takes some time and i'll be used it. I have tried a while back a Red-Hat version of Linux, but due to TONS of responsibilities at the University i didn't get a chance to spend much time with it. Ubuntu looks like more worth my efforts though.

My field of study at the University is Information Systems and i do a lot of programming, both for personal reasons and for school assignments. Have used VB, C++, and soon will start on Java as well. Have also taken courses on Databases, and lots of other computing concepts. I hope that someday i can start contributing to a Linux project like Ubuntu and become a true supporter, cause i'd like to move up from the status of a simple user.

Any ideas where i can get started? Are there any specific simple tasks for new "rookie" users? I'm quite unfamiliar with open source, but there's got to be some way i can make a good start.

Thanks!